The 7 Best Self-Care Ideas
When you’re trying to balance a million and one things on your plate and #hustlin’ — it can be challenging to squeeze in some quality self-care. At the end of a stressful week or even at the end of the day, our bodies crave things like rest, comfort, and celebration.
Choosing to take better care of yourself doesn’t have to be tedious or all-consuming. So, set aside your #GirlBoss apron and prioritize yourself as we share 7 self-care ideas to help boost your mood!
1. Add more music into your life. Tuning into an upbeat playlist can be the sprinkle of flavour you need in your life! Did you know that listening to music can improve both your mood and your energy? Spotify and Apple Music have great curated playlists for boosting your mood.
2. Find a way to spend more time outdoors. Research has proven that the time spent outdoors is linked to an increase in energy and a heightened sense of wellbeing.
3. Add some colour to your wardrobe. Whenever you catch a glimpse of yourself — seeing yourself in bright and fun colours and designs will certainly put a smile on your face!
4. Indulge in your skin-care routine. If you’re the type of person that likes easy and simple things to better yourself — trying using sheet masks after a nice shower. Different from a clay mask, you can skip the whole washing-off process. The serum in sheet masks absorbs into your skin, boosting factors like your skin’s elasticity, firmness, brightness, and many more!
5. Laugh. Laughter has numerous health benefits (like improving your immune system and lowering stress levels) and benefits you can obtain for free! From cute puppies to funny memes — check out our Facebook page for videos that will surely put a smile on your face.
6. Get at least 7.5 hours of sleep a night. Chronic sleep deprivation can lead to an increased appetite, weight gain, lack of focus, and productivity. Sleep and you will feel and be better.
7. Get into the habit of listing 3 things that went well every day and 3 things you are proud of. Shifting your mindset and creating more clarity around all the ways you are effective creates a new perspective on how you view everything happening in your life!
The Five-Minute Journal is a great way to cultivate happiness every morning and before bed. Keep it by your nightstand to right to aide you in focussing on the good in your life, becoming more mindful, and living with intention.