AT MASKERAIDE, OUR PHILOSOPHY IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH EFFECTIVE PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT ONLY HEALTHY AND SAFE FOR YOU SKIN, BUT ARE ALSO SAFE FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT.
Now what exactly makes our facial sheet masks ECO-FRIENDLY?
Our facial sheet masks are made from TENCEL, which is a botanical fiber made from cellulose or ground wood pulp. This raw wood pulp is sourced from sustainable forest plantations in which the land is unsuitable for agricultural purposes. The non-toxic, recyclable chemicals then break down the biodegradable pulp in a closed-loop process, fusing technology and sustainability into an award-winning combination. By using TENCEL in our facial sheet masks, it helps eliminate the negative environmental impacts, which are more common with traditional fibers that other sheet mask companies use.
MaskerAide and TENCEL Key Points:
- Our masks are certified 100% Biodegradable by the International Forest Stewardship Council
- Our masks are made from a natural cellulose found in wood pulp from sustainable eucalyptus tree farms (no old growth forests, genetic manipulation, irrigation, or pesticides are used)
- The forests and pulp produced for our masks have earned Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification that the products come from socially and environmentally responsible forests
- The European Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification has also endorsed the farming practices of the pulp as sustainable
- Our method of manufacturing fabric was awarded the “European Award for the Environment” by the European Union
TENCEL Innovation in Other Industries
Now what do the following images have in common with MaskerAide Sheet Masks?
In addition to the fact that they are all fashion looks, these garments have also been made with TENCEL (Lyocell). TENCEL is commonly found in textiles for the following reasons:
- Compared to synthetic fibres, TENCEL helps to regulate an optimal skin climate due to its unique and natural moisture absorption capabilities
- This also makes TENCEL a very hygienic fiber as the moisture is contained inside of the fiber, preventing bacterial growth
- As a textile, TENCEL has a very smooth surface texture so it’s gentle on skin, preventing irritation